Monday, January 10, 2011

R and J, back again!

Today should have been a day for lots of line memorization but instead...it wasn't.

What had happened was...Well first off lemme start by saying that I am starting to feel better than my last post suggested I was feeling. I kind of gave myself a harsh-love pep talk in my car yesterday, which I didn't think was possible, but apparently is. So, that was cool that that kinda worked. So I'm definitely feeling a little better. It might have helped that I got a good amount of sleep and some Roy Rodgers right when I woke up.

So I woke up, had a text from my uncle saying "hey you want lunch?" and I was all "hell yeah I want lunch." So me, him, and my sister went to get some roy rodgers. So I did that and was hyped up on caffeine for a good while. Got home, did a whole lot of nothing for the rest of the afternoon. Lots of facebook. I did a little working out and I showered, but otherwise, nothing really too productive. I did look over my R&J lines a bit, but I wanted to learn some YoJo lines, and I definitely did not do that. I split my script up into many parts today. They are labeled A-T and I'm gonna try to have half of them memorized by Friday. Also, I need off work for friday.

Then R&J rehearsal was had for the first time since fall fringe! It was, of course, awesome to see everybody again. Our new space is amazing. It's big and we get our own dressing rooms. So...that's sweet. My lines for Act 1 were waaay rougher than they should have been. I felt a little bad. But only a little. The best part was when random homeless crazy man decided to wander in and give us all acting instructions. The main note being "just cry a little bit. Come on...you just gotta cry a little bit..." That was freaking hilarious. It got scary after a while because it went on for so long that we were all just like "Uh...who's gonna tell mr crazy to get off stage so we can finish rehearsing?". The answer was Jason, our lighting designer. So he left. Reluctantly. The rehearsal, besides our craziness, was good.

And now i'm more than ready to hit the sack. So that's what I'll do right now.
Damn I am so glad that I had the determination to write out this entry. Yaay determination!

-Jub Jub Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment