First off, let me just tell ya'lls, this will hopefully be the first of many daily blog posts that merely recount my day. You don't have to read them because they will not be as interesting as my other, like, "deep" blog posts, and I'm not going to post up on facebook when I write these ones. I just wanted to stretch my writing muscles more. Thanks to that damn Ira Glass quote. Don't know it? I'll post it at the end of this post. Post. (Leonard likes this post!)
Woke up today to a phone call from my friend telling me I had 15 minutes to get ready for the short sketch we were shooting that morning. Oops! Luckily for me, I had basically nothing to do to prep for it. Put on a shirt. Put pants on. Brush teeth. Put in contacts. Done. Man, being a boy is so easy sometimes. Love it.
So off we went to film what I've affectionately and appropriately dubbed The Rape Sketch. You'll be seeing it all over facebook soon enough, I'm sure. Now don't worry, there's no rape in this sketch, but there is a lot of talk about it. It's gonna be great!
So, I woke up, shot that little monster of a sketch, and then raced home to quickly eat a brunch of eggs and bacon. Put some diced bell peppers in my eggs and it was nice. Also, Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I know it's just a commercial and a slogan and stuff, but I really do put that shit on everything.
By the time I got to work I was feeling even worse than I have been feeling lately. I've been accumulating symptoms every day since Friday. I woke up Friday with a sore throat, Saturday with a headache, and today when I got to work my head was all fuzzy and I kept feeling like I had to sit down. Not dizzy, exactly, just lacking in the strength to stand. This may be the first time in a while I'm coming down with something. Well I really hope I feel better by tomorrow because I've got two auditions then! One for the same people who wanted to book me for this other project, but I couldn't do it because I was already back in MD. And the other for The Groundlings comedy school! I'm excited about that one. I mean, I'm excited for both of them. But I'm especially amped for that one. I still don't know if The Groundlings is the comedy theatre school I want to go with, but auditions are free and are valid for a year, so why the f not. Speaking of that, I'm having a really tough time deciding which comedy school to attend. I want to attend them all, but that's just not possible. So, I must choose between Improv Olympic, Upright Citizen's Brigade Los Angeles, and The Groundlings. I am leaning towards The Groundlings though because that was always my original plan once I got out here, plus there are just so many SNL alum from there that I love/respect/want to be. So...I'm leaning towards them. But they so expensive. =(
Anyway, so I'm not feeling so hot and today at work it totally showed. Oh yeah, another thing that happened at work today. I got a serve my first celebrity. I don't know if you've heard of him. He's a little somebody named DAVID BECKHAM. I had to have somebody tell me it was him. It was embarrassing. But not really. More awesome, but only once I found out. Before that he was just Athletic British Dude in Sweats. He was cool although his oldest son was dressed like a douche. Oh well, there's still hope for the other two. Anyway, cool, right?
I've been eating so much Chipotle lately. It's the cheapest thing to eat near Pinkberry and on my lunch break I ain't got no other choice. Pack my lunch, you say? What am I, a high schooler?
Done. Time to sleep off this ugly bug. Night world!
P.S. Pinkberry hoodie swag coming this week. So jazzed.
P.P.S. If I can get my Pinkberry shift covered this Tuesday night I'll be at a job interview for a server/barista thing at a bowling alley. More money? Yes please.
P.P.P.S. I need more allowance. Yo-de-lay-hee-hoo. Why? Because I do.
Friday Favorites
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment