Well, Tuesday's over. Damn, seriously? I just realized exactly what time it is. Almost 1. Shit, man. I was gonna like...do stuff before this time. Oh well, I'm writing this entry, and that's what's important. I considered using the word "blogging" right then, but I hate that word, so I decided against it. From henceforth I shall still refer to this as my blog, but will refer to the act of writing an entry as "writing an entry".
And I said "henceforth" so that means it's official.
Something about that word "blogging" just sounds so...like, "super indie internet user with too many opinions" to me. And that's not what I'm trying to achieve, I'm just trying to write shit down so that I seem to have some sort of personal narrative and I don't base my reality on others' opinions. I actually realized this the other day. One reason why writing these entries is so satisfying is because I'm the type of person who judges who they are based on what people around them say to them/act towards them. And I know this is a terrible way to perceive the world, and I wish I could break free of it, but I think I'm stuck with it. So writing entries feels good because it gives me a chance to reflect upon myself and critique those who critique me, if that makes any sense...
Anycrap, over the past two days I've been making fun little voice memos on my phone about stuff that I wanted to mention in this here entry. So here they are, in the order they were recorded:
-The recording just said "go look up and write about that one line from that cake song about driving. You know the one." And it's true, I do know which one I mean, but still, that's a weirdly specific thing to want to write about. So I looked it up, and this is the line to which I was referring.
"No trophy, no flowers, no flash bulbs, no wine.
He's haunted by something he cannot define.
Bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse,
Assail him, impale him with monster truck force."
I don't know what it is about these lines, specifically the last two, that I like so much that I felt the need to point them out. I think it's "bowel shaking earthquakes". I love the imagery for that. One because it's just so evocative and two because its talking about bowels and don't those have to do with poop? haha, poop. Also, being "impaled" with "monster truck force" is also an awesome image. Brings to mind the image of a dude being run clean through with a big clunky sword.
Awesome. In general, Cake rocks my world. Great lines from a great song.
-A memo to myself telling me to learn the bass riff from "Another One Bites the Dust". I should do this. I have a bass guitar. I have the bare minimum skills necessary probably. It's a cool little riff that would be the second most fun thing to whip out at parties. Maybe I'll do it. Right after I finish learning the rest of "Fuck You" on the regular guitar.
-"An interesting relationship to explore...The relationship between a middle-aged male gay high school drama teacher and a young, talented girl high school drama student". I have no idea what this really means. I think I wanted to write them as characters in a movie or tv show or sketch or something. If I remember correctly this was a late night idea that I got from watching Summer Heights High. This idea is probably completely stolen from that show, actually. Whatever, mine will be better.
-Go watch "Trouble" from The Music Man. This needs no explanation. That song is hilarious. WITH A CAPITAL T AND THAT RHYMES WITH P AND THAT STANDS FOR POOL!
And the rest of them were ideas for sketches that I'm going to just enter into my log of sketch ideas, rather than put in my blog, just in case anybody reading this wants to steal my no doubt brilliant comedy gems.
I'll write more tomorrow, my pets, I promise. I just feel like this entry is getting a little long. And believe me, I'm well versed in the area of things being a little long. Emphasis on the little.
But more emphasis on the long.
Jayme's Old LJ Nostalgia Journey Quote of the Day!:
"Mid-May onwards will be like Space Camp (fun), except it'll be with friends instead of rockets ships, and with chick filet instead of zero gravity."
I have no idea what that means.
JAI HO!
(roughly translated: "I love curry and don't care who knows it!")
Friday Favorites
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment