Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blog Entry in the houuuuuse toniiiiiiiight

We gonna celebrate and read the thing right! I don't know the right way to read a blog entry. If you figure it out, let me know. Also, someone please get Party Rock Anthem out of my head, because this might be the first case of a "Song Stuck in Head for Life Syndrome"

Hello world! I'm back. Which is proof that that last entry was not the typical "once every 3 months" post. I aims to write in this spunky little blog more and more frequently. As long as I have the time to. Which recently, I have not. But fortunately, I have been making time to. Another thing which is holding me back is this silly notion in my head that if I blog too often it will get boring, which is quite the opposite, really. The more I blog, the more specific and interesting things will get for you, the reader. The less I blog, the more general and vague I'll have to be. Which will...well, suck, for you. And for me. Another thing that holds me back from blogging is this fear that I have. It's a very annoying fear that I developed as soon as I got to college, really. A fear that everything I write has to be perfect. I mean, I AM a perfectionist, but as of college it really grew to a point where writing was filed under "a huge undertaking that must have much time and energy devoted to it". Which is doesn't have to be. Some entries are going to be not as good as the ones before it. Just look at the last one. And some are going to be brilliant. Hopefully I can work past this and one day blog at the end of all my days. OH OH, another thing that I use as an excuse is lack of time. Which is totally true, but still, I shouldn't let it stop me.

I wrote a list of things I can do in my free time on a post-it note in my room.
Because sometimes I forget what my options are and what I should be doing.
The list is as follows:
-nations of the world (memorize this animaniacs song to win a bet for $3.)
-book reading (I have many books I have to read)
-Breaking Bad (episodes of season 4) (also, every other tv show I have to watch)
-meditate (trying to do 30 minutes a day, at least 3 days a week)
-jumprope? push ups? (trying to keep from becoming one of those weird skinny people who somehow is also super unfit. that shit's messed up.)
-PvZ, Torchlight, Pokemon White, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (all video games I'm playing)
-Contact juggling, magic (physical dexterity skills)

I'd say it's fairly good grab-bag of things. While the theme of the whole list seems to be "Neeeeeeeeerd!". Which is funny, because that's exactly what I was called the other day.
Walking down Route 1 wearing my big ass backpack full of clothes/dvds/my laptop, a gaggle of West Virginia University goons, drunk off their ass from either their victory or defeat over Maryland, stumbled by me. "Going to class on a Saturday?" one, presumably the leader as he walked in front and his feather plumage was the most colorful, inquired. "Nah." I eloquently replied. Satisfied with my response (or not? They weren't stopping their drunk stumble-trek), they carried on. About 10 steps later I hear from behind me "Nerd!", to which I, clearly looking to throw down and show my dominance and general alpha dogginess to these brutes, turned and called, "Oh yeah! You got me!". HA. Nothing like HARD sarcasm to show those inbred Virginian lunkheads whose boss. Thank you super British sarcasm genes. Once again, you've helped me regain my rightful place among the Sun. I can't believe they actually called me a nerd. For two reasons. One: I don't think I've seen/heard the "Nerd!" call-after in at least 10 years. Not since...I don't know...The Sand Lot? And two, they called me a nerd for ALL THE WRONG REASON. I'm fine with being called a nerd, I am one. But if you're gonna call me out on it. Please. At least do it for the right reason. I guess I do believe it. But I don't approve of it.

Other things! I helped out with Sketchup auditions last weekend. It was awesome. I love the group and all the people in it so much. Plus, all the attention of being a returning alumni and having people care about my opinion in an area that I actually have some authority in. So when I get to help out and people are really counting on my input, plus I get to relive my glory days, it really feels great. It looks like they picked some good kids. My girlfriend auditioned too and while she was not picked in the final cut of the group, she did make it to callbacks and for that I'm super proud of her. Hell, I'm proud that she auditioned in the first place. All my girlfriends should strive to be like me as much as possible, right down to the latex mask of my face I politely require them to wear whenever we're alone.

I think I'll start a podcast. Two friends of mine suggested I do so. I think I will.
SO BUSY AT CHEESECAKE FACTORY BTW. Worked doubles all this week so far. No more after tomorrow.
COMMUNITY SEASON 3 TOMORROW!
CHILDISH GAMBINO - 2 CONCERTS IN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS AND I'M SEEING BOTH OF THEM
I'M SLEEPY
Night ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment